Friday, October 10, 2008

Knit afghan - Feather & Fan - Homespun

An adult afghan I just finished for the silent auction that benefitted the Women's Law Caucus and the Public Interest Law Society at the U. of Tulsa College of Law.


















Closeup



It's a standard knit "feather and fan" pattern, with a garter stitch contrast section. The yarn is Lion Brand Homespun Tudor (main color, variegated) and Baroque (the pale purple). If I do say so myself, the pictures don't capture the texture or softness of the afghan.

I'd rate this pattern as Advanced Beginner to Intermediate.
Stitches used
: knit, purl, yarn-over, k2tog, SSK.

Click here for the pattern (PDF format). Do not be intimidated by the length of the pattern. I’m just trying to be thorough. I want my patterns to be accessible to beginners. I also want to eliminate any guesswork for even experienced knitters. (And, okay, so maybe I'm just verbose in general - see "favorite quote" about me at left.)

No comments: